Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Can I put blonde highlights on fresh medium brown dye? Will it strip?

FYI: natural hair colour/roots are deep brown. Hair before I dyed it was medium brown with red wash out on top of blonde highlights and I want to get that back...the red highlights





SO. I just dyed my hair the base medium brown and I want to put in the blonde highlights asap.


Can I do that right after putting in the brown or do I need to wait a few days for it to work?





This is all done at home with box colour so I basically want to know if the blonde (bleach) will strip the fresh brown dye.





Thanks!Can I put blonde highlights on fresh medium brown dye? Will it strip?
Yes it would strip it, but it might not strip it right especially from a box. Usually it turns brassy. If you want to get blonde highlights, go to a salon to make sure it turns out the way you want.

No comments:

Post a Comment