Wednesday, January 6, 2010

How can I safely cover blonde highlights?

I had my hair done yesterday and while I can deal with the cut, I hate the color. I asked for lowlights and instead the hairdresser gave me blonde highlights. I think it might be ok if there weren't so many of them, but I looks fake and washed out. I don't want to go back to her so I am wondering if it's ok to use a store-bought box of brown hair dye to cover the blonde? I'm ok if it's darker/lighter brown. I just don't want to end up with green hair.





She said she used a tint and then this color if that helps.How can I safely cover blonde highlights?
you are besst to use a semi permanant in a warm(not red ) or golden shade . whatever you put on will fade even permanant .the hi lites should come through after a few weeks , but a more natural colour .How can I safely cover blonde highlights?
I tried to go over my blonde highlights with store bought brown color. At first it was good, but the brown faded quick and I'm back with blonde highlights!
you might be wrong for tryin it yourself . in case you did not see ... talk to your ';professional hair dresser'; she will most likely follow the rule of ';give the customer what they want'; and at a minimul fee correct what is undesired. oh yeah (...)
You must go back to the salon. The stylist is responsible for the color of your hair and your satisfaction. Clearly you are not happy. As uncomfortable as you may feel going back, you paid good money and deserve getting the service that you wanted and expected. I am a hair stylist, I would want you to return instead of bad mouthing my salon or myself as a colorist. Give the girl a chance to make good with your color, perhaps you need another procedure to pull up the color or a toner to tone it down. This will all be free of charge and you will get a conditioner which you are gonna need too. If you do it your self then you are responsible and then the results are no longer the stylist or the salons mistake. Everyone makes mistakes and even maybe it takes more than one time to make your color the one that you want. PLEASE call them today and book an appointment. You will feel so much better after you do, I promise.
when hair is lightened, the undertone is lifted out of the hair. in brown hair, it would be a redish undertone...





so, when going darker again, the reddish undertone has to be replaced or else hair will turn green (red is opposite of green, will cancel out the green).





so, in going darker, pick a brown color with some red in it or at least some gold in it. the darker the brown, the more red you'll need.





so, use a bonzed brown, auburn brown, reddish brown, or golden brown.
It sounds like a miscommunication- I would have the low-lights added by someone else in the salon. Why settle for something you don't want? If you cover all of the light, you are just going to have to contend with it when you want lighter again. And you will want to be lighter again- especially going into summer. Just call the manager and explain the situation. They should be very accommodating.

No comments:

Post a Comment