Wednesday, January 6, 2010

What is the best color 2 die ur hair when u have naturally dark roots, & u want 2 cover up blonde highlights?

I have naturally dark hair, but I have blonde highlights that I am trying to grow out. I want to cover up the blonde to let them grow out without it looking horrible. But, I don't want the blonde to turn out red. Which color do you think would help the blonde not to turn red?What is the best color 2 die ur hair when u have naturally dark roots, %26amp; u want 2 cover up blonde highlights?
Do the color to match the roots. If you are doing this yourself go with something that has ash in its name. For instance Dark ash brown, medium ash brown, or light ash brown. If your roots are dark brown, I would go with medium ash brown. Ash colors tone down brassy or orange. I like the new color match color by L'Oreal. It has no ammonia in it and is color calibrated. Good luckWhat is the best color 2 die ur hair when u have naturally dark roots, %26amp; u want 2 cover up blonde highlights?
well, i just went dark again after blonde highlights... my hair stylist friend did it for me, and she put a reddish color on over the blonde before going dark, to keep it from getting what she calls ';muddy';... which she is right. i tried doing it myself once, and the blone actually turned a greenish color... i dont know if I would try doing it yourself... good luck
umm i have the same problem as you and i found that dying it close to the natural color of my hair covered up my highlights and it looked a lot better
It depends of ur skin color, but brown is pretty neutral so... it could help. Good luck!
Your natural color would work fine.
Have it done professionally and take it just a tad lighter than your roots where they are darkest...
Your best bet is to go to a salon that uses Redken Shades EQ. It is a semi-permanent color that last 6 to 8 weeks and just fades off. It is a very conditioning color and can match nearly everones natural color. The bleach on your hair may grab the color and it may last longer than 8 weeks. But for best results let a professional do it.
The blonde will only turn red if the dye you put over it has red in it. I would suggest that you dye your hair as close as possible to your natural color..the blonde won't be as dark as the rest, but it will be close, until all the highlites completely grow out.
find the closest thing to your natural hair color the highlights will still show up but will be greatly mutted if you want a reddish brown the highlights wont nessisarily turn red just a lighter color than the rest of your hair

No comments:

Post a Comment