Thursday, December 31, 2009

How can i make my blonde highlights fade?

Okay so last year around december i put blonde highlights in my hair. and i want them to fade but they keep getting brighter. and i have no idea why. cause im always washing and straightening my hair. so i just wanted to know if there was anything i can do to make them fade?How can i make my blonde highlights fade?
Did u bleach it? U can`t fade from that . You have to dye it darker .How can i make my blonde highlights fade?
Are you outside a lot? The sun can bleach them, and make them lighter. If you use any products (I use bedhead, and they make my hair look lighter) in your hair that might also cause them to appear lighter.





I've heard that cheap shampoo or even dish washing soap would work. Although, I've never tried either. I'd imagine if you did that you'd have to condition your hair like crazy!
I've had the same issue for sooo long!


Get shampoo that is made for brown hair. It will darken your hair just a tiny bit for a week or two but it really faded my highlights and then my hair went back to normal.


Another trick you can try is to wash your hair with dish wash soap. My friends mother is a hairstylist and she told me to do that. But, warning, it will make your hair pretty dry for a couple of days so just make sure to use a hydrating shampoo and leave in hydrating conditioners! :)
As stated above highlihgts will only lighten, especially if out in the sun a lot. I'm not sure how much you have so it may not be as easy to get rid of them. It doesn't have to be bleached to be lightened. A high lifting tint can also lighten hair...... It will still keep getting lighter. If you were to put a permanent color all over you'll have more problems with that color fading to a reddish shade and that's another situation you'd have to deal with.


But you could try a semi permanent color. Some say semi but if there's 2 things to mix together it's not. So if you find a true semi color that may grab enough color on the lightened hair to not show up so bright. I would suggest going to a professional to make sure you get the right product and color used. If you don't have too many highlights, a pro might be able to use a permanent color with low 10 volume peroxide (to deposit color) to paint over just the highlights and they would be able to match it up with your natural color without doing it on the whole head. I have actually done that before and it turned out great. But it does depend on how much you have whether I would go with that procedure.


edit....shampooing it with harsh detergents will only lighten it more. It would only make dark tinted hair fade. The only shampoo that might make any difference is one for brown hair, but I don't think there's enough pigment to do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment