Tuesday, December 22, 2009

I have natural brown hair. What's the best way to get natural blonde highlights for summer without dying it?

I have brown hair, and I've gotten some blonde highlights before, but I want to have some natural looking highlights for summer. Do you know of any good products or home remedies that work well? I've heard mixed opinions about lemon juice, does that work? And has anyone tried Sun-in spray?I have natural brown hair. What's the best way to get natural blonde highlights for summer without dying it?
Stop worrying about specific highlights, get out in the sun (with sunblock on skin of course) play at the park, help a neighbor in the garden, hike some mountain trails. . . . . the fresh air, exercise and natural sun will do more for a sunny, fresh look than any amount of primping. It's not the high lights, it's the high life.I have natural brown hair. What's the best way to get natural blonde highlights for summer without dying it?
GET PROFFESSIONAL!! TRUST ME! Ok... I tried the lemon thing and NOTHING happened, and I used it religously for about 3 weeks when I lived in california. I've used that sun in spray and it turned my brown hair ORANGE.... YUCK. So I URGE YOU to get it done professionally. Ask for lots of thin highlights and it looks the most natural. Good luck
I've used Sun-In and it never harmed my hair. You want to use it very sparingly, though. They did make one that would work by the heat of a hairdryer. I haven't used it in years, but it gave me nice, natural-looking highlights. I sprayed it on once a week, and sometimes sprayed it on a comb and combed it through, but I only did it one day a week so the highlights came in slowly like they would naturally. Once I was happy with the results, I stopped using it because it seemed to keep on working and I didn't want to overdo it. My sister overused it and looked like she had straw for hair.
go to a salon and have them put hi lights in your hair..
It works...but realy harms your hair.
My friends and I used to use lemon juice all the time and the sun in does work if you are in the sun all day. Also, you can get a head start by peroxide, but you have to do it carefully and might want to use one of those highlight caps you can get them at a beauty supply store for cheap. Peroxide is BAD for your hair so you would need to use LOTS of conditioner afterwards. Really, for all these things, you need a good bottle of conditioner after you are done.
I'VE USED SUN IN AND LEMON JUICE SEPERATLY OF COURSE AND THEY BOTH WORK WELL YOU JUST HAVE TO BE OUT IN THE SUN FOR A COUPLE OF HOURS AND IT WILL LIGHTEN YOUR HAIR
i use herbal tea on my dArk brown hair, it really works, and doesnt harm ur hair





put it in, wait half an hour, then rinse andwash





ps only use the packaged kind, not the premade stuff


sun in is only for blonds, my cousins a blond i should know
put lemon in your hair and sit in the sun for and hour o two


do this a couple of times=]
Lemon juice doesn't work all that great and sun-in spray doesn't work all that great either on darker shades of hair, and it smells bad. But if you were going to choose one I would have to say the sun-in spray would actually work better but you have to be consistent with it. Sit outside in the sun for a long period of time , then it will show up. But otherwise, bleaching would be the best (quick) option. You can get it done in a salon and thats probably the best way to get highlights done correctly, because it is really hard to do yourself. If your worried about it ruining your hair, a good remedy is too use a generous amount of conditioner and apply it all over your hair, the take a warm damp towel and wrap up your hair in it. Leave it on for 3-5 minutes then rinse your hair. Your hair will be soft and silky. Hope that helps! It has worked for me!!! Vote for me! and good luck. :D
sun in will turn your hair orange...ive tried it! haha! but im going to try lemon juice this summer..ive been meaning to try it for years. just make sure you sit in the sun when you do haha
pure fresh lemon juice %26amp; sit in the sun
The one and only way to do what you want --- how you want --is to be come a professional surfer/wakeboarder /waterskier /life guard / water polo player/ swim Team member/ or High Dive Team member....





I have all of these as people as clients and they are truly the only ones that spend hours and hours in the sun and we try to ';keep'; their hair from lightening...through a number of different methods ( I can see the ocean from my window in southern california %26gt; 3 miles away)...


That is the one and only true way to go natural....





but I would NOT advise it.......


The chlorine, the salt water, the damage it goes through with the heat...very hard on hair.....


Everyone has a misconception on how to lighten hair ';and I quote';';'; Naturally';....


natural is a long ago twisted up word and is mis-used all over the place....


I was in Target yesterday and always run by the hair colour aisle to see what baloney they have added for the week...


so many of the boxes of hair color say ';natural'; on it.





There are NO RULES - - NO GUIDELINES-- NO NOTHING as to what has to be in the box and them using the word natural on the outside.........POISON can be in the box ....ACID can be in the box and legally they can put ';NATURAL'; on it.


it just SUCKS and you all get the result of these big corporations screwing around with your hair.........


If I do nothing else....


I am going to teach the public this one point.





There are some very very safe methods of lightening hair.


I LOVE HAIR COLOR so don't get me wrong.......


I am a colourist.....and have been for over 15 years.........


I believe hair colour can actually strengthen hair


IF DONE CORRECTLY


not by one box for $9.00 at Target though...it just is not possible.


On one of my blogs I am teaching how to professionally color hair at home. We are going step by step....and I am trying to fully explain so that everyone can learn how to do it at home...I am now realizing how many people truly cannot afford to go to a Salon.......I did not understand that before...


BUT...........you must not be led astray and asked to use a box that as hair stylist


we call those boxes : JOB SECURITY.....





we know that they only work for about 10% of the people that buy them....the rest have to come to us to get it fixed.........


when i worked in Salons we were not supposed to say that........


{why bite the hand that feeds you?}


I never will again.........


so I am finally free to say what I have wanted to for years.........





As far as SUN IN............look on the package of SUN IN....look what is in it..........everyone must get used to reading the labels of every prodcut you put on your body from NOW ON%26gt;..........these products are creating hair loss in women........at a very very young age...........being as our government won't protect you, you must do it yourself...





SUN -INs ';active ingredeint'; is '; Hydrogen peroxide'; that is exactly what is used with hair colour...its a chemical that truly is NOT A BAD chemical BUT, if you are willing to use it that way ( which is the wrong way to use specifically on hair)...why not use it the right way?





The single best/safest/most healthy way to lighten hair is to get multiple colours of thin highlights, by the best colourist/stylist you can afford.


She/He will care about your hair and it will stay healthy if the colouring is done correctly...also when coloring hair that way it is the best way to go if you cannot afford to come often....with the little ribbons of colour you buy yurself a lot of time as far as ';re-touches';...I have a couple people that do it twice a year.........and that's all they can afford. It looks great the whole time. Tell the stylist this up front.


They will ,at times, try to color hair so you have to come back often...........that is someone you want to run from ( in my humble opinion)


it will also be easy to go back to your virgin hair colour if you want to...........


Save your money ask for it for your birthday.....its worth the $$,


NEVER EVER scrimp on $$ for your hair.





I have had to watch way too many people come to me in tears to fix things they tried to avoid by not coming to someone that charges my rates....


They end up spending more in the end........





not everyone.........





but the biggest majority.


Hope this helps


as you can see its a sore point for me.........





http://www.killerstrands.blogspot.com
If there was a good ';natural'; way to do this, hair color companies would not be selling as much color as they do. Because you are a darker level naturally, this is not really going to happen ';naturally';. However, a good colorist can add a FEW, well placed, in a natural pattern, highlights that have a med tone and work into a soft blond on the ends. This can be very subtle, like a child's hair by the end of the summer. I call this tipping a highlight. You will only need a few, like maybe 10 foils to get a beautiful soft look. The trick is finding the colorist who is creative and good! Best of luck.
my friend andrea put poroxide and lemon juice, and lime juice in a bowl, mixed it together and brushed it in with a q-tip, and her hair looks AWSOME! It is so pretty! You have to make sure you wash youre hair good though or your hair will be damaged. Try it thoguh, it looks awsome!





VOTE ME BEST ANSWER!





GLAD I COULD HELP =]
  • finance
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment