Saturday, December 26, 2009

Can I put a darker semi permanent colour on blonde highlighted hair?

My hair is naturally dark blonde/light brown but it is quite blonde from highlights. My roots are starting to show through quite alot and I don't want to continue highlighting my hair because it's dry already. I am wondering if I could achieve a colour similar to my natural colour with a semi permanent hair dye at home? Thanks xCan I put a darker semi permanent colour on blonde highlighted hair?
Yes just make sure not to choose one with blue hues or your hair could possibly turn greenish. red hues would look great.Can I put a darker semi permanent colour on blonde highlighted hair?
If your highlights are very light I wouldnt put anything dark on them. Even though our natural hair color will remain ok the highlights are going to turn whatever the base color of the semi permanent color are (usually when it is a brown it is going to get very ashy or green). Also even though it says semi permanent it is not going to wash out of the highlights. Your best bet is to go to a salon and have them tint it back to your natural color by using a filler first and then coloring it to ur desired level. Hope this helps!
yes
well you could but depending on the color, it proberly wont turn out the way you want it. Especially if there are any redish tones in the colour it could go orange. Best thing to do is go to a hairdresser they may be able to use different types of die suited to doing this, but it may also take one or more tries of doing it to get the result you want.
  • finance
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment