Thursday, December 31, 2009

How to get blonde highlights myself?

I can't go to a hair salon to get blonde highlights and it is winter and not sunny so i cant put lemon juice in my hair and go out in the sun. Is there any other way to get blonde highlights other than lemon juice and sun, bleaching it, or going to hair salon? I want something i can do myself that wont be too difficult for a teen to do.How to get blonde highlights myself?
Depending on the colour of your hair, depends on whether you have to bleach your hair or not. If you have a lot of red in your hair (your natural hair colour) then it's likely you'll go ginger if you try to do it on your own as you have to lift the red out of the hair which takes a lot and you'd also need heat on it to help it develop better.


My hair has a lot of red in it but my natural colour is light brown; i've dyed my hair a lot of times also but once i put bleach on my hair, it went near enough to ash blonde when having 20mins heat on it but i had a stylist do my hair.


If you have light hair, you could aim to just use a blonde highlighting kit from the shop but if you have dark hair...don't expect it to be coming out as blonde as you'd like it.How to get blonde highlights myself?
go to a grocery store or a drug store and get a do it at home kit for like 16 dollars and follow the directions. make sure the kit matches your hair color and the color you want your highlights to be. then follow the directions and it would come out just as good as if you get it salon done! ^-^ hope i helped! :]
i wouldn't attempt highlights on myself (again EVER) it's a disaster waiting to happen. dn't buy anything outta supermarkets neither go to a proper beauty supply place, use foils and get a mate to do it for you.
Go to sally's beauty supply, buy the dye and put the highlites where you want them and wrap in foil....

No comments:

Post a Comment