Saturday, December 26, 2009

Opinion on whether it is OK for a male professional to add blonde highlights/frost his hair?

I'm a 42 year old physician (surgeon) and I have really wanted to add bold blonde highlights/frost my medium brown hair for about 25 years now. I figure since I STILL HAVE my hair (with very little gray), contemplating this topic in another 10 years may not be an option. The question I have is whether it would be considered unprofessional (as a licensed, practicing physician) if I were to proceed with this? In other words, if you were a patient and you noticed your doctor added blonde highlights to his hair, would this affect your opinion of him?





I don't know whether this info is useful or not, but I have a medium white complexion (and tan pretty regularly), green/hazel eyes, dark brown/black eyebrows and an muscular build... Not really sure whether this is the right forum to post this question, but any replies would be very much appreciated.Opinion on whether it is OK for a male professional to add blonde highlights/frost his hair?
I don 't see why it would hurt.


I would stay way from the pinks and purples thought.Opinion on whether it is OK for a male professional to add blonde highlights/frost his hair?
I'd say if you consult with and use a skilled stylist (and communicate to them very clearly what you want) you should be able to get highlights subtle enough to still be professional but also ones that would give you the look you're going for. Subtlety is the key!!
If it's well done I see no reason why not (apart from the fact that colour treatments aren't great for your hair). If it's badly done it could be very bad news: think about how you judge guys you see who have bad hair colour treatments (and be honest with yourself). In your role you need to be credible when you talk to patients and anything which makes them feel less confident about dealing with you could have knock on consequences you might rather avoid. I guess the trick is to find a decent stylist who you trust and maybe to start gently at first.
I personally wouldnt have a problem with it - i mean, as a physician you must see people with all types of hair styles, and many of them may be in highly professional jobs - I say you should go for it!





It's not as if it wont grow out anyway, if anyone has a problem with it....
When you were 17..not a bad idea


When you were 30 ..a little strange, but still ok


When you became a physician ,and now at the age of 42..absolutely not
I say go for it.





You only live once and I think most people are savvy enough to realise that dying your hair does not diminish your professional capability.





Have fun dude!
No ur a bit to old for that
Go for it doc! Patients want to see their doctors polished, trendy and well-groomed. Goodluck! You're still young, so yes, go for it now.
Does mutton dressed as lamb mean any thing !
Depends If your Hot or not.





I dont Mean to sound shallow.





But thats just whether It'll suit you or not,


Blonde highlights wouldnt knock me at all.


Its not like,


OMG MY SURGEON HAS BLOND HIGHLIGHTS HES SO UNPROFFESIONAL HES GONNA RIP OUT MY SPLEEN.


Yeh.
Be honest with yourself about your professional demeanor and patient base....





Are you quiet, reserved, ultra-professional or a bit more laid back and ';hip';?





Are you patients a mix of folks, or do you primarily see elderly folks throughout the day?





I wouldn't mind blonde highlights on my doctor, but I'm 36 and I work as a makeup artist for a very funky company. My mother might raise an eyebrow. My grandmother would assume you were gay. ;)
no man.. its digusting. especially if youre a doctor.
I'd say get it done you might look more human with a little style instead of looking so serious
to be professional, i would stick with 1 solid natural color. maybe on vacation you can you can change your appearance.

No comments:

Post a Comment