Saturday, December 26, 2009

Is there a way to get rid of my blonde highlights besides cutting them off?

My hair used to be highlighted, and I had it dyed to cover up the highlights. Well, now the dye has washed out and the highlights are still there (this is almost a year after I originally had my hair highlighted).





The bottom half of my hair is ugly blonde and dry looking from the highlights. Is there any way to get rid of the highlights besides cutting them. I'll cut them off if I have to, but there's a lot to cut... my hair's going to be a lot shorter.Is there a way to get rid of my blonde highlights besides cutting them off?
Unfortunately sweetheart, the only way to bring bleached hair back to its natural state is by cutting it off and letting it grow. No matter how much hair color you put over it, that is only a temporary solution (Unless you're willing to be on top of it coloring it every 2-3 weeks...) This happens because the natural pigment is stripped off during the bleaching process and it leaves the strands with a fishnet type of porosity, when you add hair Color (Temporary or permanent) it will wash off eventually for the same reason...





So for now if you don't want to cut it, just keep refreshing it with hair color until it is long enough for you to cut.





Hope this helps.Is there a way to get rid of my blonde highlights besides cutting them off?
Yep I do it all the time. I'm not sure of your original hair color but I usually dye my highlights a dark brown or black. The darker colors will fade eventually so they are not as dark but will stick to the bleach. Light colors will slide off of it in no time. Make sure that the color is a permanant color too!
bleach your hair and then dye it the color you want it and then it also takes time. Instead of a semi permanent hair dye get a permanent.

No comments:

Post a Comment