Thursday, December 31, 2009

I have slightly blonde highlighted hair and want to go back dark. Will it work?

Ok, I had a wild hair a couple months ago and added highlights to my dark brown/ black hair. I didnt get a whole lot of them in the back or underneath, but I have more around the face. Well, I want to go back to my dark hair and was wondering if it would go all black or have some lighter pieces?? Would it look ok??I have slightly blonde highlighted hair and want to go back dark. Will it work?
I do this phase every year. I put highlights in during the summer and I cover them over and go back to solid dark brown during winter. It comes out good at first, but the places where the highlights are is where they lighten up faster. The second time you dye your hair again it works so much better. It won't be a huge difference, and you might be the only one to really notice unless you point it out.I have slightly blonde highlighted hair and want to go back dark. Will it work?
Yeah it should look fine even if it does have some highlights, if you really dont want to have any light pieces get it professionally done by a hairdresser and they'll cover it perfectly!
I dyed my highligted hair a dark brown (natural color). It turned out good except over time it fades out and becomes just a darker shade of the blond highlights.
I'd probably have to suggest that you get your hair professionally done. A stylist will fill the highlights with the natural red pigment that everybody has in their hair and then she/he will color after that. That's the only way you are absolutely guaranteed to get the result you want.


If you try doing it yourself with a boxed color, you may end up with highlights that turn a greenish shade, or just any off color.


Good luck with whatever you decide.
It would probably be a slightly different color where the highlights are,

No comments:

Post a Comment