Saturday, December 26, 2009

Is it possible to get blonde highlights in red hair?

I really want to get some blonde highlights in my dyed red hair but when i went to a salon they were really reluctant and said it wouldnt be possible. Was it just the salon or is it really not possible because my hair is red? I know it would have to be bleached but thats fine with me.Is it possible to get blonde highlights in red hair?
the best way to get the perfect highlight is to bleach the dye the strands but be wary of how you look after your hair afterwards because the ghair will become brittley and snap off it your not carful try to after you've beched it to do a deep condioning with mayo( i know sounda bit disgusting, but trust me it's good) or you can you use yogurt which is super good and make your hair soft then dye it





i talk to much, i know





good luckIs it possible to get blonde highlights in red hair?
I dye my hair a really vibrant red. And i used to have white blonde highlights. Depending on if you used salon color in at home is going to make a difference in how easy it is. You can always achieve a lighter color with bleach, however it might take a few times of foiling to make it to the color you want. If your hair is in a good condition they could probably do it right after the first time. They should be able to tone it once it gets up to where you want it. And If your hair doesn't feel healthy afterwards ask about a conditioning treatment. Your hair will feel fabulous! Hope i helped!!
Did they do a strand test for you?


I have (faded) red hair at the moment, and I'm going completely blond. The strand test came back slightly pinky, but until then I'm using cheap shampoo to get the last of the colour out.





I would assume it's because they wouldn't be able to get it to blonde, it'd be really pink..





Some salons also don't like mixing colours, my friend wanted black and red highlights in her light brown hair and they refused to do the black because it didn't match..


But it's most likely because it won't look good/ what you're expecting.





Hope I helped :)
Yes it is possible but it depend on what kind of color they will be make sure they are a nice color here click on this link and check out the pic its a pic of red hair with blond highlights : MY MOM HAS BLOND HIGHLIGHTS ON HER RED HAIR HER HAIR IS WAVY LOL HERE IS THE LINK : http://teamsugar.com/files/images/hair.j鈥?/a>





If you get it like that I'm sure it will look great :) %26lt;3 PLEASE ANSWER MY QUESTION : http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;鈥?/a>
Yes it is possible, I have red hair with blonde highlights and some salons refused to do it because i needed to use bleach and my hair would not be in good condition, so i had to look around to find a salon willing to do it for me.
My g/f is a true red head and got blonde highlights in her hair. Maybe its because you already have it dyed red that prevents them from adding the blonde.
i think it would go ginger, and i dont think it would really look nice, maybe wait until you go to your normal hair colour again :)
i've got vibrant red hair and i put blonde in it (bleached it out)


and it looks awesome
yes, and I LOVE it

No comments:

Post a Comment