Tuesday, December 22, 2009

How do you cover blonde highlights at home?

I have med to light brown hair...I had blonde highlights and some dark lowlights put in my hair... Now they are grown out- how can I corretly cover them at home- I'd like to go with a dark brown!How do you cover blonde highlights at home?
go with dark brown i had to do that before How do you cover blonde highlights at home?
Any color darker than what you have already should work. A few years back I had blonde highlights that I wanted to cover and I have just about the same hair color you describe. I went with more of a darker brown (not very dark) and the color covered the highlights. I would definititely stay away from anything that has a red tint to it. It may not cover your highlights the way you expect and can also make them appear a little orange. Hope this helps!
that depends on how they were applied if they are a henna? was it foiled when you had it done by a pro. If so you should be able to go to sally beauty supply get some pure white and a neutral based dye and mix up and dye away. the reason I say to do this is Box dyes are all color based such as , red=red ash anything = green, so if you get a neutral based dye you blond highlights will not pick up any ODD color and it will be a pretty even tone, ALSO , if your dying at home please follow insrtuctions closely becasue highlights can pick up color much faster and you may have a few darker streaks.
You can't really touch them up...it would be really hard to do at home. But what I did was when my highlights grew out a little I just put in more highlights and it still looks good.
buy a good quality hightlight package at the store. but for the best results, go to a salon, they can do it the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment