Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Is there a way to improve the potency of a blonde highlighting kit?

I've been recruited to help dye my friends hair but they only bought a blonde highlight kit in hope of taking his dark brown hair to a light blonde. I know. Not smart. Wasn't my choice but I have to work with it now. Any help? Tips?Is there a way to improve the potency of a blonde highlighting kit?
Typically the home highlighting kits come with 20 volume developer, see if you can get your hands on 30 or 40 volume devoper from a sallys beauty supply store, that should kick it up...a dryer should help too...but be sure to watch her...also...use a toner after the highlights, which you can find at sallys too,,....just leave it on for 5-15 minutes and rinse out...hope this helps...a 20 volume only goes 2 levels...a 30 volume goes 3 levels and a 40 goes 4 levels...hope this helped you...

No comments:

Post a Comment