Tuesday, December 22, 2009

How often should I wash my blonde highlighted hair?

I have an oily scalp and wash my hair every day, otherwise my hair is flat and greasy at the roots. However, I just had my hair highlighted this past weekend. I waited 48 hours to wash it after coloring, but now I have been washing it every day again. I don't want to ruin my color (I am a natural dirty blonde with platinum highlights). Is it ok to wash it every day?How often should I wash my blonde highlighted hair?
That's' too bad you have oily scalp. I understand your situation, but you really shouldn't wash your hair everyday anyway. Regardless if you have it highlighted or not. I wash my hair every other day. The natural oils in your scalp are the best conditioner for your hair. it helps it grown faster, thicker, and shinier. I don't have oily scalp so I don't have this problem of it looking dirty after just one day. but you can always put it up in a bun or something so it doesn't look so flat and greasy. The less you wash of course the longer the color is going to stay. it's up to you on how often you want to re-touch the color and if you can stand not washing your hair everyday.How often should I wash my blonde highlighted hair?
Actually your supposed to wash your hair everyday. First of all you should use a shampoo or conditioner for your color since you just got it highlighted. Like Redkin's shampoo for blondes (in a yellow bottle) or Sheer Blonde.





For your oily hair you should use Herbal Essences Drama Clean shampoo or conditioner.
Just be careful not to overwash, making your ends too dry. Also, use a shampoo and conditioner that is for colored hair. My favorite is from Aveda, but there are cheaper brands at the store. Also, this may sound wierd, but I got some of this from my stylist....there is a dry shampoo on the market that you can buy. You spray it on your hair(in your case just your roots). leave it in for a few minutes and then you blow dry it or brush it out. I know it sound kind of gross, but it works really well for those in between days.





Good luck!





Before I forget....John Frieda has a luminous color glaze for different colors of highlights. It works really well when my color starts to fade or if my hair needs to be brightened up a bit..
yes it is but try not to use a really violent shampoo (ie things with fruity stuff in it citrus is a big acid) use like pantene pro-v anti dandruff has extra moisture and makes your hair less greasy and a lot silkier its scary how silky my hair is and it is moderately cheap like 4 bucks (estimated)
****** dumb blonde stick your head underwater till it washes out and then stay under there for about 10 more mins to mkae sure you got it all.
yes it is.. i just got my hair highlighted too.. they said that it was ok to wash your hair every day.. but to keep your highlights viberant use Pantene Pro- V color revival.. It really does work...
yes, go to sallys and get a purple colored shampoo it helps keep the blonde viberant and not dull

No comments:

Post a Comment